Killer Pecan Sticky Buns
Makes 1 dozen buns
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ recipe Granny Foster’s Refrigerator Rolls, prepared through step 6
¾ cup raisins
¼ cup bourbon
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
½ cup honey
¾ cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a deep 9-inch round glass baking dish with the softened butter and set aside.
3. Remove the refrigerator roll dough from the refrigerator, punch it down, cover loosely with a tea towel or plastic wrap, and set aside to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Combine the raisins and bourbon in a bowl and set aside to soak 20 to 30 minutes, until plumped.
5. Stir together the cinnamon, ½ cup of the brown sugar, and the butter in a separate bowl and set aside.
6. Stir together the remaining brown sugar, the honey, and the pecans in a separate bowl. Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of the glass baking dish and set aside.
7. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 12 by 6-inch rectangle about ⅛ inch thick. Spread the brown sugar-butter mixture evenly over the center of the dough, leaving about 1 inch of exposed dough all the way around. Drain the raisins and sprinkle them over the brown sugar-butter mixture.
8. Roll up the dough lengthwise into a 12-inch long.
9. Place the log, seam side down, on the work surface and use a sharp knife to cut the log crosswise into twelve 1-inch sliced. Place the slices in the baking dish, cut side down, on top of the pecan mixture. (The slices should touch one another, and should fit snugly in the dish.) Set aside in a warm place and allow to rise 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly puffy.
10. Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the buns are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Remove from the oven and cool 5 to 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the dish to loosen the buns. While still warm, place a platter or plate on top of the baking dish. Turn the dish over to unmold the sticky buns onto the platter. Serve immediately.