Bourbon Cherry Bread Pudding
Our bread pudding is made with sour cherries and spiked with bourbon for a little touch of the South.
Yields 1 9 x 12-inch baking dish
3 cups sugar
12 large eggs
3 cups heavy cream
4 cups sour cherries
½ cup bourbon
2 24-inch French baguettes, cut into 1½ x 1½ -inch pieces
1 recipe Icing (recipe below)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine the sugar, eggs, heavy cream, sour cherries and bourbon. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Add the bread and toss until evenly coated.
3. Pour the bread pudding into the pan and bake uncovered until thoroughly cooked but still moist, stirring the pudding occasionally.
4. Top with the icing while the bread pudding is still warm.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl combine the confectioners’ sugar, melted butter and heavy cream. Whisk until the icing is smooth and creamy.