Try these rich, chewy bars topped with vanilla, caramel, or coffee ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce.
Makes 2 Dozen 2 1/2 by 3-inch Blondies
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lightly grease the bottom and sides ofa 17 by 12 by 1-inch pan (a half-sheet pan) and set aside.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, stir to mix, and set aside.
4. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a separate bowl and cream together with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition until well blended. Add the vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
6. Stir the flour mixture into the butter an sugar mixture and combine just until the dry ingredients are moist and blended. Do not over mix.
7. Fold inthe chocolate chips and pecans to blend. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool 30 to 40 minutes before cutting Trim the edges and cut into 2 1/2 by 3-inch bars. (For a smaller blondie, cut the bar in half down the center on on the diagonal)